Institute of Applied Project Management (IAPM) is a leading local private sector consulting firm specializing in improving organisational performance and staff professional development in the areas of Project Management skills, Business Advisory, Business Development Services to micro and small enterprises (MSEs), Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation (MELA).
We provide solutions to customer’s problems using design thinking approach, training needs assessments, designing and delivering affordable, simple training modules for institutions and organizations and micro enterprises.
We conduct feasibility studies, specific sectorial/cross cutting themes e.g. environment and gender analysis, baseline surveys, mid-term & end-line evaluations and impact
assessments. Our success stems from the ability to understand the local sociocultural context and business opportunities.
Project Management Skills
- Project selection and appraisal
- Initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and project closing
- Risk identification and mitigation plans
- Stakeholder identification and management
- Conflict management
- Soft skills and decorum
- Job readiness and office management
- ICT and Presentation skills
- Time management
- Business plans development
- Financial literacy
- Customer care
- Contract Management
- Business writing
- Business negotiation
- Market access
- Digital Marketing
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation (MELA)
- Planning & Designing Monitoring & Evaluation systems
- Setting up Monitoring & Evaluation Systems
- Conduct Mid-term and End-term evaluation assessments
- Impact Assessments (Qualitative & Quantitative)
- Digital Mobile Data Collection Services for M&E
- Qualitative & Quantitative Analyses
- Impact Mapping and Participatory Appraisals
- M&E Software for planning, data collection, analysis, storage and results-based reporting
- A Project Management Institute (PMI-USA) Premier Authorized Training Partner with access to globally accepted project and
- business management standards and frameworks.
- An accredited Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Service Provider for the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
- Access to a wide range of professional and technical expertise across value chains
- Extensive experience in setting up M&E systems, conducting studies, impact assessments and evaluations and carrying out staff professional development for organizations.
- Our strength is anchored on our investment in research, years of experience, embracing technology, and believing in ourselves as agents of positive change in society.
- Developed M&E Plans, Indicator Reference Matrices and Result-Based Reporting Templates for Council of Governor’s SymbioCity Kenya Project in 7 Counties
- Set up Monitoring & Evaluation Systems for Vi Agroforestry East Africa
- Conducted Mid-term and End-term evaluation assessments for Welt Hunger Hilfe Kenya, Bioversity International Kenya,
- Fastenopfer Kenya, Plan International Kenya, FAO Somalia, CRS Somalia, Care Somalia, World Vision South Sudan, ADRA South Sudan
- Conducted high level impact assessments with counterfactual analysis using randomized controlled trials (RCTs), cluster randomized trials, difference-in-differences, Regression Discontinuity Designs, Propensity Score Matching (PSM) Techniques for WHH, Dodoma University among others
- Provided training in Digital/Mobile Data Collection and STATA as well as PMEAL and Advanced Professional Development
- Services for Strathmore University, Kenyatta University, Office of the Controller of Budget Kenya for county monitoring
- teams, NGOs e.g. AfETF, World Vision, NRC, DRC, UNML among others.
- Performed training needs assessment and provided project management training to Seven Seas Technologies, ICRAF, Peace
- and Life Institute Ethiopia, Salaam Group Djibouti, Kenya National Highways Authority, World Vision International among others
- Designed and delivered project management courses for Project Management Institute (PMI) for Global Certifications
- Provided Business Advisory and Business Development Services under the Ministry of Regional Development Authority to TARDA, Coast Development Authority (Kazi Kwa Vijana Project, for micro enterprises)